POSITION VACANCY FOR MARKETING DO-ER!
It’s an exciting time in the AbilityMate story, we’ve just about completed a successful clinical study, built an MVP and we’re on track to launch our life changing products and services.
We’re looking for a Marketing Do-er, somebody who can help us implement our marketing and sales strategy and do it damn well!
Want to know what AbilityMate is all about? Here's a recent news article:
Start date: Aiming for mid/late July
Duration: 6 month contract with potential to convert to permanent
Hours: Full Time (38 hours per week)
Location: AbilityMate HQ, Redfern
About the Role:
We are looking for a person who is motivated by our impact, believes in our purpose and can meaningfully contribute to our marketing and growth initiatives. If this sounds like you, do the following points stack up?
- Are you aligned to our mission and motivated to contribute to positive outcomes for children with disabilities?
- This is very much a “getting stuff done” kind of role. Do you have mid-level marketing experience, are keen to pull up your sleeves and have the ability and appetite to join in on higher level tasks with our founders?
- Are you comfortable working in a fast pace startup, that at times can be a little ambiguous but extremely fun?
- Do you have a hybrid mix of technical and tactical skills in product, data, and marketing?
- Do you have the skills to use data-driven marketing approaches to help us grow and scale our impact from the ground up?
- An average day as the Marketing Do-er at AbilityMate offers a good spread of variety. Will you be able to switch from coordinating an online campaign to creating a much needed 1 page flyer or even updating our website?
- Update content and images on our website
- Develop and post online content to our social media accounts
- Develop and track electronic direct-mail campaigns
- Develop marketing resources (such as brochures)
- Develop and distribute media releases
- Prepare and deliver presentations
Customer Relationship Management:
- Assist the team in implementing the Hubspot CRM
- Populate the CRM with lists of prospective partners and referrers
- Keep the CRM up-to-date
- Organise promotional events
- Develop exhibition materials
- Represent the team at key industry events
- Undertake marketing administration
- Conduct research and implement key learnings
- Employ marketing tools to gather important data
- Support founders with ad-hoc activities which support sales and growth initiatives
- Proven experience as a marketing assistant, coordinator etc
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Good knowledge of market research techniques
- Confidence in using various softwares and online applications
- Exceptional communication and people skills
Good understanding of growth marketing principles
- Basic graphic design skills
AbilityMate is a for-purpose technology start-up. Our mission is to help people with disabilities access the equipment they need. Our vision starts with custom-made 3D printed ankle foot orthoses made available to Australian children.
AbilityMate is engaged in the customisation and digital manufacture of orthoses. We facilitate this through our online central fabrication platform that increases Orthotists’ productivity and improves experiences for their patients.
Since 2015 AbilityMate has been working collaboratively with Northcott, Northcott Innovation, Cerebral Palsy Alliance, Korthotics, Mobius Medical and Robohand Australia to research and develop 3D scanning, computer aided design and 3D printing technologies. Together we have conducted a clinical trial with 20+ children, targeted mechanical testing, built a prototype instantaneous 3D scanner + more.
We are about to commercially launch our products and services and expanding the team to help the vision become a reality!
Culture is Queen!
Our founders are passionate about helping people work on stuff that matters, we experiment with horizontal organisation structures and have a lot of experience growing purposeful startups. As a team we put a lot of effort into creating conditions that cultivate healthy, productive and positive cultures. Our purpose is the boss and our team is on a mission to improve the lives of many! A little while ago the media was told about some transparency experiments we tried out with our team. AFR and Smart Company wrote a couple of stories about it.
Our team is very diverse and that’s something we take pride in. We’re a mixed bag social entrepreneurs, hardware engineers, software engineers passionate about inclusivity. Our team of 11 come from many different backgrounds. We believe that you don't always have to see eye to eye to walk hand in hand.
To apply or find out more please send us your resume and introduce yourself =)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: [Your Name] - Interest in Marketing Vacancy
Attention: Mel Fuller - Director/CoFounder AbilityMate